SisSTARS for PEACE

SisSTARS for PEACE ... Proud to be for Peace and Love...War is Not an Answer!
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." -Lao-Tse
"The fates lead him who will--him who won't, they drag." -Seneca






Thursday, July 31, 2008

End of July already

Good morning ... I crawled out of the primordial ooze that is my bedroom and before I get ready for work I wanted to say hello to this new and yet last day of July. I have heard everyone, including myself, saying how fast summer is flying by. We took one very quick trip up north on the 1st day of summer and stayed with our friends Barb and Jane in Frankfort, and unfortunately, I ended up with my 1st allergy attack in a long time which gave me one real good day and one semi-miserable day, only to leave for home early to sneeze, wheeze and blow my nose as I drove home thru miles and miles of orange construction barrels. Let's just say it was not conducive to wanting to leave home any time soon ... reluctantly. It was a beautiful home with wonderful friends and The Lake Michigan with its famous sunsets ... and great food! I've heard so many people going on this vacation and that vacation and some come back refreshed and others come home exhausted needing another vacation ... and it makes me grateful for those 2 days we had. Tomorrow is August ... sounds hot to me! But it is when my Rose of Sharon will bloom and hopefully we will see some of Jeff's family soon and some friends coming into town, maybe venture north one more time for a short visit to Traverse City. I feel real blessed because yesterday we got our van and central air conditioning in the home repaired ... just when the heat is getting fired up, showing everyone that Michigan can have a sweltering summer like other hot spots ... and "...if you seek a pleasant peninsula, look around you."
Happy Summer Everyone! Enjoy while it is still here. Life is short. Eat dessert first!
Love and blessings from your SisSTAR! xoxoxo

1 comment:

jeff said...

It's hard to believe it's almost August. Isn't that what everybody says? It almost seems like yesterday it was my birthday.