SisSTARS for PEACE

SisSTARS for PEACE ... Proud to be for Peace and Love...War is Not an Answer!
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." -Lao-Tse
"The fates lead him who will--him who won't, they drag." -Seneca






Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!



Just wanted to give a shout out to say Happy Leap Day! Caught these two little fellas trying to escape my window ledge last summer, out in the yard. One even packed his suitcase (I caught a glimpse of a few ladybugs and some red sand I'd brought back from Sedona, Arizona in there!)
I asked them nicely to come back in and keep watch over the house and when we were sleeping, they would be free to do whatever they choose. Right now they are guarding the agates my friend Sea Otter sent me from Oregon ... and my brother, Dana's, small bits of ashes in the special silver trinket box. That reminds me of my favorite "elephant joke". Do you remember those? OK, I am not ashamed to tell it here and now, so here goes:
"How do you catch an elephant?"
"First you dig a big hole and fill it full of ashes ... then you line the outside of the hole with peas. You wait in the nearby bushes and when an elephant comes to take a pea, you kick him in the ash hole." Oh, hee hee hee!!! I'm sorry, those gnomes are tricky little dudes and they just loved that joke and made me write it here, in honor of Leap Day! An extra day to live and breathe and sing and dance and make merry (and tell jokes)! So go on, do those things!!!!
Love,
SisSTAR Kyle
& the Gnomes
(named Dinka and Winky--nicknames I used for my
brother Dana and cousin Walter who are somewhere
in the hereafter, and I know they're laughing at me!)

2 comments:

Second Edition said...

Oh, you make me laugh!

jeff said...

It was a good day to laugh and feel good about so many things.
Especially you.