SisSTARS for PEACE

SisSTARS for PEACE ... Proud to be for Peace and Love...War is Not an Answer!
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." -Lao-Tse
"The fates lead him who will--him who won't, they drag." -Seneca






Saturday, July 17, 2010

What Is A Poet?

(Photo courtesy of Bing)
(column I've had for many years
written by Buckminster Fuller)
What Is A Poet
A poet is somebody who feels, and who expresses his feelings through words.
This may sound easy. It isn't.
A lot of people think or believe or know they feel--but that's thinking or believing or knowing, not feeling. And poetry i s feeling--not knowing or believing or thinking.
Almost anybody can learn to think or believe or know, but not a single human being can be taught to feel. Why? Because whenever you think or you believe or you know, you're a lot of other people: but the moment you feel, you're nobody-but-yourself.
To be nobody-but-yourself--in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else--means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
As for expressing nobody-but-yourself in words, that means working just a little harder than anybody who isn't a poet can possibly imagine. Why? Because nothing is quite as easy as using words like somebody else. We all of us do exactly this nearly all of the time--and whenever we do it, we are not poets.
If, at the end of your first ten or fifteen years of fighting and working and feeling, you find you've written one line of one poem, you'll be very lucky indeed.
And so my advice to all young people who wish to become poets is: do something easy, like learning how to blow up the world--unless you're not only willing, but glad, to feel and work and fight till you die.
***
Peace and Love
Love and Peace
Peace
Love
xo
x
from your
SisSTAR

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Oh My that is so well said SisStar Kylita...Maybe some may not understand this "feeling" the poems you write etc...I am so glad you post this written by this person..and it's so so true...Poetry doesn't take training by feelings from the soul, spirit and heart.

Well, said. Thank you for coming along with me for the ride of Love and Peace and to stop the wars...I hope many others will join, but needless to say, this is not so much important as what we give of ourselves for something we believe in.

I love you and miss you...There's so much to share with you...standing up to a manager who acts as if she is "the devil in disguise" paying me back with a vengence because I am finally on the top floor and I made it happen. Tonite is my first night alone here...last night my sister was here...now I am a here and my other "old apartment" is emptied and cleaned..I am so exhausted I cannot even express the fatigue and muscle and bone pain and my brain with so much way information in my head..

I made it! Took over 10 months but I made it happen...the whole move is something I can only describe down the road maybe...what have I discovered? That there continues to be "nasty people" who want to punish and pay you back for doing the right thing..nothing new to me..but now regrets.

Hope your cooling off..terrible heat wave..it's been hard on all of us..

Love ya,

Rhi

Rhiannon said...

P.S. In my first paragraph in my above comment I mean "Poetry doesn't take training, or classes or getting it "perfect" but to me is poetry if feelings written "flowlingly" from the soul, spirit and heart..and to have courage to lay it out there just "as it is". That's what I was trying to in my above comment, but it came out stating the opposite..sorry about that..tired..woman here.