SisSTARS for PEACE

SisSTARS for PEACE ... Proud to be for Peace and Love...War is Not an Answer!
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." -Lao-Tse
"The fates lead him who will--him who won't, they drag." -Seneca






Thursday, December 24, 2009

Silent Night Holy Night All is Calm All is Velvety Dark but the Light in my Soul is Bright


Some photos of me with my cousins and brother (he's only in bottom right with rag or hat?? on his head) All the "girls" are still living, but all the "boys" are gone now. Sometimes I find myself looking like "me" in the bottom left bawling my head off, but the holidays are a little melancholy for me. I can be laughing in the next moment.
It is nearly 1 a.m. and husband and cat are sound asleep in living rm, and I need to go to bed, too. I keep thinking of a lot of parents who are up trying to make a nice Christmas for their kids, the kids who are all excited and wanting to get up before dawn, all the love and peace that goes along with this season of abiding love, whether I feel the same way as I did from past Christmases, it doesn't matter now. Right now, it is Christmas, with well over 50 yrs worth of memories of those spent at those homes in the pictures (my Grandma's or Aunt and Uncle's) and esp right here where I type, in the dark, computer screen the only light. I hear my husband softly snoring in the liv rm, his leg's been lame all week and in pain, he gave me a beautiful card and necklace and bracelet tonight and I didn't have anything for him ;o( ... I realize how much I love him and my family and friends and though I don't communicate with too many any more, I always remember that I love them, and miss them. I am grateful for the present moment and I will "sleep in Heavenly Peace".
Love and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from
your SisSTAR xoxoxo

4 comments:

jeff said...

Merry Christmas to my loving wife, the wonderful woman who is always trying to make sure everyone and eveything is taken care of before herself.
I love you.

Rhiannon said...

Happy day after Christmas SisStar Kylita. Sounds like your Christmas was mellow which is a good thing.

Isn't it something looking at old photos of family, relatives and friends? I don't do that too often, as it seems to take me to a "downer" kind of place..I know why so I don't "go there" often. But, for you I think it gives you a sense of connection with you family. Those who have passed on and those still living.

I had the most wonderful Christmas "homey" and "loving" Christmas I've had in the last 11 years of my life! How about that? Who knew???!!!

So glad you and I are friends. How long has it been now?

So, in two days you will be the same age as me, but then in March I will be older than you again. He he..:o)

I've slowly become behind on so many things because I did enjoy the holidays...got to clean apt. grocery shop, take my cat to the vets, pick up prescription...and most of all do tons and tons of "Backed up" laundry. But it's cool, because I had such a nice time in the last few days unforgettable times..and I see my life changing.

Love to you and early Birthday greetings for the "Birth--day" girl!

Rhi

Dancin Fool said...

Merry Christmas bud and a Hapy New year, 2010 is going to be a blinder I just know it!!!!

xxx xxx xxx

Dancin Fool said...

Hey bud! Just stopped by to say Happy New Year! January 1st has dawned bright and sunny here, and I hope for you too.

Here's to 2010!