SisSTARS for PEACE

SisSTARS for PEACE ... Proud to be for Peace and Love...War is Not an Answer!
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." -Lao-Tse
"The fates lead him who will--him who won't, they drag." -Seneca






Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Noon on Wednesday ...



Hello again!
Photo of tiny little fairy a friend brought over to our home for a little "photo shoot". She made an excellent model except for falling and hiding in the grass and bushes a few times. We had lots of fun with her and it inspired me to look around the house for other little "folks" to photograph.


Some of you may remember my stories of Winky and Dinka ... little goofy stories I made up to remember my cousin Walt (Wink) and brother Dana (Dinka) after they'd died six years ago. Then Wink's brother Gary (above left--Gnary) also died 5 mos later so mysteriously, without knowing, a nice neighbor put that little gnome in my mailbox for me to find. When I saw these mushrooms growing like crazy by the side door, I knew there was another photo shoot in the making! I took lots! of them but here is just one for my bloggie souls out there. I also LOVE the chrysacolla gemstones I used with them ... they are some of my favorites! They remind me of Mother Earth. Actually, they ARE from Mother Earth and sometimes I feel bad when so much of her has been mined and taken for folks like me to purchase or find and stash away in our collections. I do try to give back to Mom Earth so that perhaps I will be forgiven my love for so many rocks ... I love to hold them and look at them ... sometimes I sleep with them under my pillow or just hold them ... and, of course, I love to wear some jewelry ... give me raw gems...polished, yes, but no need for diamonds for me! Look at a cubic zirconia ... doesn't look different much without a jeweler's eye, but you can't pretend with an awesome chunk of Mom ... amethysts, garnets, turquoise, rhodochrosite, and one I DID buy in jewelry form...a ring with Moldavite! last week. I splurged ... it is referred to as the "only extraterrestrial gemstone quality tektite" and even though if I didn't know what it was I wouldn't be fond of its green color, I love it now. I also feel strongly that each rock holds its own metaphysical properties and that is another aspect I resonate with.

I wanted to stop by so as to give myself a boost to get back into the practice of writing on here. Bear with me while I slowly get back into gear ... it's been a while and I used to love posting and commenting with friends. The Blogger has changed quite a bit since I first got on here, I think, in 2008 or so ... and I'll keep checking in and maybe someday again an old friend or even a new one will stop by and leave a comment or two. I leave you now with the words of Wavy Gravy, host supreme of the original Woodstock:

"There is always a little Heaven in a disaster area!"
***
from your SisSTAR
Kylita
xo
x


1 comment:

Dancin Fool said...

Roses are red,
violets are blue,
glad you're back blogging,
coz I have missed you! xxx