SisSTARS for PEACE

SisSTARS for PEACE ... Proud to be for Peace and Love...War is Not an Answer!
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." -Lao-Tse
"The fates lead him who will--him who won't, they drag." -Seneca






Friday, February 11, 2011

My New Song

May you be held in deepest compassion
May your suffering and pain find ease
May you be at peace
May you live in joy... Compassion and Ease, Joy and Peace...Always.
May I be held in deepest compassion
May my suffering and pain find ease...always
May I be at peace
May I live in joy ... Compassion, Ease and Joy and Peace...Always.

Holding you in my heart and wishing you all a Loving Valentine's Day, and don't forget to Love Yourselves!

I saw about 20 robins in the trees where I'm employed. They were eating berries in the snow and from the trees and it was joyous to see the proverbial harbinger of spring! Yet it was about 7 degrees, snow and ice everywhere. I'd seen earlier this winter a large group of robins in our wild roses where they were eating the rosehips. The wild roses may become unsightly and very painful if you get tangled up in them, but in the springtime they smell heavenly and even now in the depths of winter, they are providing nourishment for sentient beings...our beloved robins...and cardinals, etc. We love feeding the birds and critters and watching the squirrels fighting with the crows over the corn on the cob we throw out ... hauling an ear here and there, their special treasure. Or more like desperate survivalists. The little frog pond and its cattails and waterlilies is piled with mounds of snow and the 80 lb cement goose's beak is about all that is sticking out...and I forgot to put her coat on this winter ;o( She's still got her purple tie dyed dress with her little purple irridescent purse hanging off her shoulder. The Ice Queen of the Snow Pond! Ha! Oh I love it when I amuse myself....and it'd just be a bonus if anyone out there in blogsville get any chuckles or anything positive from whatever I post here. I have been bogged down at facebook, sticking my nose into my friends' business, stealthily or not ... and I've neglected my blog which I have enjoyed for several years. It's always been a way to share, to vent, to rage, to love, to laugh and entertain ... if only myself. Not sure if I like this new fangled template stuff I'm trying out here but the photo is a self portrait from the bathroom "medicine cabinet" mirror. Good Medicine...Here's looking at you ... or I've got my eyes on you, Bloggies!
In any event, it is now officially the 12th of February! Darned ... this winter is moving so slowly it seems ... spring seems so very far away, those robins were just teasin'! They were those hearty souls who decided they'd overwinter in Winter Wonderland ... and now they're saying, "What was I thinking?!" I'm grateful for that vision and hopefully renewed by the knowledge that they know very well how to take care of themselves and survive...and so do I. Here's to getting through the winter loving the fact that all that snow will nourish Mother Earth and help the water tables ... hopeful that down underneath all that snow and ice lots of interesting things are going on, planning, plotting and preparing for things to come ... and yet doing it all right Here and Now. Blessings and love to you from Your SisSTAR XOXOXO

2 comments:

jeff said...

Back indeed! It is very enjoyable to feed the critters and watch them with you. I think that was a great sign seeing the robins at work. To better things ahead.
Great post as always.
Happy Valentines weekend, Sweetheart!!

Rhiannon said...

Love the beautiful red template. Keep it! It makes me feel good.

Hope your Valentines day was a wonderful and "loving" one and full of laughter.

Love and Blessings,

From your SisStar Rhi