SisSTARS for PEACE

SisSTARS for PEACE ... Proud to be for Peace and Love...War is Not an Answer!
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." -Lao-Tse
"The fates lead him who will--him who won't, they drag." -Seneca






Saturday, May 15, 2010

Let the Sun Shine

After so much rain and thunderstorms for days on end, it is a gloriously beautiful Saturday and I wanted to wish everyone a happy and loving weekend. This photo was from a friend's blog as he wrote about his friend's death as a tribute to her ... I wanted to copy the photo here with the intention that all of us have had losses of friends and loved ones and those losses impact our lives in many ways. Sometimes it has felt like my whole life has been one of loss and grief of some form. I want to honor those who are grieving or ill or considering losses of various forms, be they actual deaths or the demise of a certain relationship, the loss of a beloved pet, the loss of what "might have been" in many scenarios. I know from my experience that to be brave enough to face my losses and grieve has not always made me popular with others, but with plumbing the depths of my grief feelings, I have learned that I am far more capable of feeling the joy and love of life even more, and realizing that life is very short ... then those others who have not always appreciated my sorrow, depression or sadness on the one end of the spectrum are fully able to enjoy the laughter, happiness, lovingkindness, peace, joy, humor, acceptance of others, that I am able to muster on the other end of the spectrum. Feel your feelings, people ... it's not always necessary to wallow or dwell, but it is important to FEEL and, for my own desire, to understand, if not the "others", then to understand myself. That's been important to me most of my life. So enjoy the rain and the sunshine, the flowers and the weeds, the mud and the grass, the lush greenery leafing out everywhere ... enjoy your own image in your mirrors and realize that, with a sense of wonder and amazement, and with a bit of imagination, joining you in that mirror image are all those "others" who you've known, who have taught you by example good or bad, who have impacted your life and who may or may not still be actively a part presently. Let go of sadness as you can and open to the wonder of joy-filled moments. Reflect back to everyone the pure YOU that resides within you and resonates out and away, blessing others as you are blessed by others. I sincerely feel blessed by you out there, and I send you my love ... from
Your SisSTAR XOXOXOXO.

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I will try and do what you say here in this post when I see my sister for the first time in many years tomorrow. I will bring her some clothes and essential things I think she might need. We talked on the phone when she arrived in town...it was downright "eerie"...

I absolutely love Muhd's white dove photo...it makes me feel like I want to be "free" and fly away.

I hope we will be able to talk soon. My life has changed drastically just within last 2 weeks...whoa!

Take care sisStar and enjoy the beauty..I sure am it has been gorgeous here also.

Love you

Rhi

Muhd Imran said...

Hello SisSTAR.

You and Rhiannon have always been there for me through lots of my darker days. I thank you both very much for taking time to come by and leave warm and encouraging messages.

It really helped me a lot even though I had not made it known with replies as often as I would want to.

With work and my current state of not being as enthusiastic as I was before yet, I find it mentally tiring after work to blog or surf.

I do attempt writing my posts but they are all in pieces and unfinished... all still in there, as draft.

My mind still is a clutter that I have to sort out... time is getting better now that Mom is out from being depressed since Dad's passing.

Seeing her happy makes me happy.

I am hoping that I can be my happy and passionate-about-life self again real soon.

In the meantime, thank you both very much for being here. Though we are all oceans apart, I feel really close. Thank you again.

Have wonderful days ahead. Bless you and Rhiannon for being beautiful inside.

Dancin Fool said...

Beautiful post Kyle, you are very poetic. xxx